Let’s take a look at which jogging strollers are the top choice for a race. Well break it down by feature and comparison to see which racing stroller stands out.
Here are features to consider when shopping for a jogging stroller:
● Rear Suspension: extremely important when running with young children.
● Fixed Front Wheel: run without worrying about keeping the stroller straight.
● Foot Rest: keeps bigger children from getting their feet caught in the wheel.
● Top Peak Window: check on your child without stopping your run
● Adjustable Handlebar: maintain good running form while jogging with a stroller.
Rear suspension and shock absorption will keep the child from bouncing around during a run. Severe bouncing can create health problems for young children, so this is extremely important.
Fixed Front Wheel
A swiveling front wheel is nice for strolling around town and in tight areas. For wide open runs, a locking front wheel is important for better tracking and stability.
If there is no footrest for the child, a jogger runs the risk of the child getting his foot stuck in the wheel during a run, which can cause injury. This feature is especially important as a child grows larger.
Top Peak Window
Understandably, jogging parents will want to check on their child at several points throughout a run. If the stroller is not equipped with a window on top for peaking, the parent will have to interrupt their run to do so.
Maintaining good running form is important for the health of a jogger. If a jogger slouches to reach the handle bar, they could face knee and back problems later on. It is important to choose a stroller with a handlebar at a comfortable level.
Top Rated Jogging Strollers
Stores are flooded with strollers of all types, including jogging strollers. Some of the best jogging strollers include Schwinn Turismo, Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight, Thule Urban Glide, and the BOB Revolution Flex.
BOB Revolution Flex
The BOB Revolution Flex is a top rated jogging stroller, priced on the higher end. It is a very lightweight jogging stroller, has all of the above features, and will keep both the baby and the jogger happy for the duration of the run.
Half Marathons For Joggers With Strollers
Once a quality stroller is chosen, the jogger may wish to try a half marathon. Below is a list of some well known stroller-friendly half marathons.
● Operation Jack Half Marathon in Playa del Rey, CA: This flat course runs along the Pacific Ocean coastline. Runners with strollers are more than welcome to enjoy the flat course as long as they start at the back of the race.
● FitOne Half Marathon in Boise, ID: This course is anything but flat, and takes runners on a course all around downtown Boise. Once again, runners with strollers are asked to start in the back, but there are stroller friendly shuttle buses that bring parents to the starting line
● Runner’s Den/Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon in Scottsdale, AZ: This race is open to all sorts of different runners, including those with strollers. The loop is flat and allows views of Scottsdale and Gainey Ranch. There are even cash prizes for the fastest runners in each category.